maandag 3 januari 2011

Possible solution for Octane display problem

I connected to the octane through a serial connection and run the diagnostics which didn't provide me any information, all seem to be well with this Octane.

During the weekend I got an old CRT from my parents place and tried out an other rewiring that I found on forums.nekochan.net.  Lo and behold, I got an output on my screen.


The black bands on the CRT were not visible with the naked eye (AFAIK this is due to the frequency of the screen refresh and the shutters speed of my phone camera).

This is the latest rewiring:


VGA13W3
1A1
2A2
3A3
510
6A1 return
7A2 return
8A3 return
127
1310
145

But not all is well, if I reboot the Octane, the image is gone, replaced by some twirling image.  Halting the machine and disconnecting and connecting the power cable of the Octane re-enables good video output.  What is causing this behaviour is not yet really clear to me.

I'll try out the CRT later on my O2 and see if it provides a better output than on my DELL monitor.
I'm also waiting for the 'real' SGI 13W3-to-VGA adapters to arrive and try them out. I'll let you know how that turned out.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten