zaterdag 22 januari 2011

My first Arduino project - preface

I wanted to mess around with an Arduino for a long time so I set up a challenge for myself to build a project with it.

The basis of my project will be to build an access control device using an RFID reader and some RFID tags.  Yeah I know, this has been done allready a few times before.  But next to the basic RFID stuff I'll add a data logging shield from adafruit.  The setup is a POC for a secure access to a gym.

The data logging shield will at one hand keep track who entered at what time and will also keep an extended list of people that are allowed to enter (or not).

When this setup is working I would like to see how I can interface with this working system to:

  • look into the data log to see who entered when
  • update the status of certain users e.g. if subscription is paid, extend the time a person is allowed to enter the building.


When this is (hopefully) working I'll see how much extra hardware I can slap onto this arduino e.g. an LCD for visual output, a rotary encoder or buttons for manual input/control.  I'll see what is possible.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten